On October 30, we woke up bright and early, and threw the last little remaining items we had into the
car and headed to our new home in Colorado. It's been great living in Arizona for the last 15 months, and we are going to miss some of our friends, but we are so excited to be in Colorado, and closer to both of our families. Arizona definitely has it's own beauty, but I've really missed the seasonal changes, and I won't miss the blistering heat! We had to use AC from April until the night we moved. Crazy!
I was so worried about driving the long drive with Ellie all by myself following Kurt with the truck and the escort, but she did great! (It was a 16 hour drive) We hooked the iPad up with Baby Einstein videos which were a life saver, and when she wanted a snack I could hand her a cracker and she'd grab it from my fingers. It was the cutest thing.
We left before sunrise, and here it is coming up.
The great thing about early car trips is that the roads aren't busy, and that you can enjoy the sunrise and all it's beauty.
You'll see lots of pictures with the truck ahead of me. I'd snap out my phone and click away hoping I was getting something good.
They have these huge rock formations near the Arizona and New Mexico border. They were pretty crazy!
Of course I had to have pics of Ellie! She was so happy to be at a rest stop!
Also, since it was such a long drive we got to see the sunrise and sunset. I have to say, the picture doesn't do the sunset justice. The colors were gorgeous!
During the trip, I said Ellie did great, but it wasn't COMPLETELY rainbows and yellow brick roads, she did have a little meltdown.
Do you see what I see? She is getting some hair in! Haha. Our little baldy.
The reason we left the 30th instead of the 31st is that we wanted to get to enjoy Ellie's first Halloween in Colorado. It just so happened that all the cousins were sick and we were tired, so we stayed in, but it was fun nonetheless, and Ellie didn't know any different.
I dressed Ellie up as Little Red Riding Hood. We found this really cute crocheted jacket at the Goodwill for $1.50, and since I taught myself to crochet in September, I can really appreciate all the work and effort that went into it, and it is beyond cute on her too!
Below is my favorite photo of her from the day. She was smiling at Kurt's parent's dog, Rocky.
Baby on the move! Making herself feel at home already!
Oh how I love her!
She loved looking outside their patio door, especially when she could see her own reflection.
No comments:
Post a Comment