Friday, November 2, 2012

Getting Crafty

Before we moved I was doing some craft projects! It's been fun doing some over the past several months. 

I made lacing cards for when Ellie gets bigger, and they are all church themed.


Even though we were moving, I still had to put up some Halloween decor, and I did the jars of a ghost, pumpkin, and Frankenstein. It was so easy, but just the touch I wanted to add!


I recently taught myself to crochet after being inspired by some friends and family who taught themselves, and this was my first project. Looking back I can see all of my mistakes and several of my first projects were that way, but I'm so glad I took the plunge and proud that I did it!


I added a flower to the above hat too


For Christmas I wanted to make bean bags for Ellie with letters on one side, and numbers on the other. I also made each bag with different textures inside. I'm glad I did it. I made two sets. One for Ellie, and one for a gift.



Beanie and diaper set for a baby boy that was just born in our ward.


A little set for Grady, my new nephew!


Leg warmers for Ellie.



A Koala bear for a gift.


This has been my biggest project yet, but I love him. His name is Georgie the Giraffe. It's very fitting for him, don't you think? He's for Ellie as a gift with the upcoming holidays, but I'm not sure I can put him away for that long!


These are just some of my projects, but it sure has been a great outlet, and I'm excited for many more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment