This last week there was a free day at the Botanic Gardens. Since we hadn't been to the Denver Botanic Gardens before we decided to go and enjoy the gorgeous weather! Boy, I've missed fall! It's still been 100 degrees (in AZ) a couple of times since we left!
So you're probably wondering why the first picture I post at the Botanic Gardens is of my feet, but you have to understand these feet have been in the heat for so long that I wore out many pairs of my favorite flip flops. It was such a joy getting to wear these again! They were one of my DIYs at BYU-I, and I love 'em. I'm sure I'll wear them out being in the cool weather since I love them so much. Ok, I think I've made my case and point.
Even Ellie was excited about the weather!
Kurt and I were standing in one of their tropical rooms and had to get a picture together.
They had some crazy plants that I don't remember the name of that looked like this,
some like this,
and even a cool roof to the whole thing that looked like this.
The colors in the orchids were so vibrant you'd guess that I photoshopped it, but I didn't. They were that bright.
I loved the detailed patterns in these ones.
Ellie just sat back and enjoyed the view chowing down.
My, "Can this weather be real?" Face. Yes. It was real.
Kurt pushing Ellie. Such a good Daddy.
Look at all the trees! I've missed these! Bunny and me.
Our little family all together. Ellie was surprised to see herself. I told her it's okay, I wear that same expression when I walk into the bathroom first thing in the morning and see someone staring back at me.
She cheered up after that when she saw the cool water sculpture.
Here was Ellie's view. Don't mind the scary looking fish - she was looking at the water.
I thought this was pretty neat outside.
A Sculpture by the parking garage.
On the other side of the gardens they had a kid friendly section. We will definitely have to come in the summertime. I'm sure Ellie would love it then. This little plant felt like velvet. It had cool little signs everywhere, and little stuffed animals to play with etc.
I love the look of fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment