Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Whirlwind of Emotions

On Monday we had Ellie's 2 month appointment. In the morning before we left she was all smiles before I got her ready to go. Here are some pictures to show how happy she was. I was rushing to get ready but had to snap a few before we left. I know the last two are a little blurry, but she was moving and I was in a hurry, but I still think they are so cute!


(Please excuse the cloth diaper, aka burp rag, in the pictures. Ellie is known for spitting up all over the place, and I never leave her without one of our many burp rags.)





When we headed to the doctor's appointment Ellie was so patient and happy the whole time we waited. A cute little girl kept running over to see her. It was so cute. 

Ellie weighed in at a whopping 7 lb 8 oz (last month weighed in at 6 lb 2 oz). ;) She also was 20.25 inches long (grew 1.25 inches in the last month).

The moment I dreaded most was for her to receive her three shots. I knew she'd scream loudly. Boy, that sure was an understatement! It was the loudest and saddest cry I've ever heard. It was her pain cry. Off and on in the afternoon she would wake up and just wail that cry again! I felt so bad for her.

This was the face I saw when she'd wake up and cry.


It was also mingled with varying expressions of this. (Note: This was taken at a different time, but illustrates the same face.)

*I wish I could look this cute while crying!*

Then, Ellie got tired out and I enjoyed this face much, much more. 


Although the afternoon she was so sad, she had a much better evening. Especially after Daddy came home. We read to her The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss. I had been telling Kurt how much she loves being read to, since he is at work many of the times I do read to her. He loved seeing her reaction and had to take some pictures. Her face is so priceless I love it. I'm so glad the evening ended with smiles, just like the day began.



Here's a collage of Ellie from 1-2 months old.





1 comment:

  1. She is so sweet! I love her smiles. Can't wait to see 'em in person again next week! Love, Grandma Jones

    ReplyDelete