Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Training & 2 Months

On Saturday, the 17th (aka St. Patrick's day), Kurt and I had the opportunity to go to a Rockies' spring training game. It was against the L.A. Dodgers. We were really excited to go. Kurt had heard the if you get there close to 2 hours early you can go wait by the team's dug out and get autographs when they were coming out. Kurt was super stoked about this, because this never happens at regular season games. Of course we arrived quite early so Kurt would have the opportunity to hopefully see some players and get their John Hancocks.

The field. You can tell we got there early by looking at all the empty seats (the game was sold out).



Here we are just getting in the stadium. My arms are so full with my purse, the blanket, and sunglasses.

We got our tickets for the lawn area and were excited that we could pick any place we wanted to sit, and that we were much closer than we would have been in the regular stadium. We were right behind left field (too bad CarGo wasn't playing!). It also was nice that we could have the car seat sitting on the blanket next to us. I think it would have been difficult in regular seats.

Our view from where we sat.



While Kurt went to get autographs I stayed behind to hold our spot, and by that time Ellie was hungry, so I whipped out the bottle we had prepared for the trip.

Here are some pictures I took while I was waiting.

After Ellie ate.



Snoozing babe.


While Kurt was away he got lots of autographs from the players and he had a neat experience happen to him. Two of the big players on the Rockies, Tulo and Todd Helton, were playing catch back and forth for 15 minutes. Finally, when they were done playing, Tulo threw the ball towards the fans that were standing. It was a ground ball bouncing around, and out of everyone Kurt caught the ball with his bare left hand. Then Tulo took off his hat and tipped it to Kurt. It was a great experience for Kurt, and it definitely made the game worthwhile.

Eric Young Jr.


Todd Helton (one of the ones playing with the ball Kurt caught)


Dinger the Rockies' mascot.



Once Kurt got back and the game got started, we snapped a photo of the two of us.


All in all, the Rockies won, and it was a great game!

Oh my goodness! Can you believe it? Ellie is 2 months old now! Looks like she can't believe it either! ;)


Another photo I liked. I had to narrow it down because I always like so many! haha.


A look at how she's grown.


Or how about this...




No comments:

Post a Comment