Saturday, March 17, 2012

SURPRISE!

Okay, okay, so I know I got you all excited about this post by titling it "SURPRISE!" Honestly, I don't have some grand surprise to tell you about, but it was a great way to entice you to read our blog, right? Haha.

Last Saturday we took a day trip to see my Great Aunt and Uncle in Surprise! Kurt and I had never been in that part of the valley before and it was our first time being away all day. It was great getting to see Bud and Betty. The last time I had seen them was in high school, so it was their first time meeting both Ellie and Kurt!

Betty used to be a nurse for many years and delivered lots (too many to count!) of babies over the years. She loved just holding Ellie and talking to her (even when she would spit up!). Ellie loved it so much she couldn't help but grin the whole time! Betty said she was around kids for so many years that now they just think she is one of them, and I'm sure they do! ;)

Betty and Ellie


Bud holding Ellie. I love the one in the right where he is talking to my mom on the phone and rocking Ellie.


My favorite photo of the day: Kurt with Ellie. I love how their faces are matching in expression. You can tell how much they both love each other and love looking at one another.


All of the photos with me in them happened to turn out blurry during our visit. Bummer, right? ;) Maybe I was just breaking the camera! 

It was great seeing Bud and Betty and such a treat when they took us out to lunch to AppleBee's. If you haven't tried their unlimited soup and salad, I definitely recommend it! Mmmm, tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment