Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Trip to Visit Home

Several weeks ago, I flew back home to visit family and to watch Laighton and Katie's boys while they went to Mexico with my parents. I was a little worried about how my first time flying with Ellie would go. Luckily while we waited in the airport she had tons of fun people watching. She especially loved the bearded man who sat near us. She kept laughing and smiling at him, and loved when he talked to her. She sure had everyone's attention. As soon as we were settled on the plane (we were lucky to have no one sitting next to us) I gave her a bottle, and she fell asleep. This lasted for take off, and seemed to be going beautifully, that is, until the got on the intercom. The loud noise jolted her awake, and she was awake the rest of the flight. I'll tell you it's quite a feat holding a baby and going to the bathroom/washing your hands. Ellie did pretty well on the flight, however, she did cry for a good 20 minutes during the flight, which I'm sure annoyed the sleeping man in front of us, who wasn't so asleep anymore. As we landed everything seemed to be right on schedule, until they told us a plane was in our gate, and we couldn't get off the tarmac for another 40 minutes. During this time Ellie became restless, and so did the man in front of us. After he called his friend and spoke loudly with comments like "these fools have no idea what they are doing," and "this is a whole new level of stupidity" I didn't feel so bad about Ellie waking him up or fussing again. Her lack of sleep finally kicked in 5 minutes before we could get off. She was out as I walked through the entire airport, up until I put her into the car seat.

How Ellie Passed out in my lap right before getting off the plane.
 After we got my luggage at the airport, we headed over to Laighton and Katie's house where we celebrated a belated birthday for Laighton. I didn't edit any of these photos, but I figured I better get them up now vs. not at all. Haha. Here are photos of the boys helping blow out the candles!



Even though Ellie was super tired, she was a great trooper until we made it to my parent's house and I could lay her down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment