Wednesday, July 18, 2012

6 Months

Yesterday Ellie turned 6 months old! She is getting so big! Here's the collage of the past month. I totally went for a patriotic theme.


This is what I'd like to call Ellie's "Oh yeah! That's right! I'm 6 months old!" look.


Info about our little one:

At 6 month appointment she weighed in at a whopping 12 lbs 8 oz. This puts in the the 2% for weight (when put on the standard growth chart - anything between 5-95 is considered "normal"). In other words, this means I still have to pump and supplement with 3 bottles a day until she is at least 9 months old (and we have another doctor's appointment).

She is now 24 1/2 inches long which puts her at 12 or 13%, I can't remember off the top of my head, because he head falls in the other percent. So, for her height and head she's in the normal zone!

**Side note: I'm not worried about Ellie for her small size, and neither is the doctor. Just think about how far she has come. Her smallest was 4 lbs 4 oz. They say for some preemies it can take up to 3 yrs for them to fully catch up. All that matters is that she is a happy and healthy baby. We love our little peanut!**

Ellie is now moving into stage 1 solid foods. She has already been on rice cereal for the past few months to help with her reflux.

Ellie JUST started wearing size 2 diapers, after we bought another big pack of size 1 and just finished them. The size 2 seem huge on her!! Haha.

She is still in almost all of her size 0-3 month clothes. She is just starting to outgrow some sleepers because of her length. I'll definitely be posting once she moves into 3-6 month clothes. (She's just wanting to get good use out of her clothes! Haha)

She smiles all the time, and laughs at random goofy faces Kurt and I make at her.

She loves seeing all different kinds of people and sends them lots of smiles when they stop to talk to her.

She is really good at playing with toys now, instead of just batting at them.

She loves playing with her tongue, by sticking it out, trying to make noises with it, and by trying to copy whatever you do.

Right now her favorite song is "The Itsy, Bitsy Spider," complete with hand motions.

Her newest trick is propping herself up on her knees and elbows, pulling her tummy off of the ground. She doesn't do it constantly, but this past week I see her doing it more often. I even saw her trying to do it from her hands and not her elbows.

She absolutely loves it outside (which is sad, because it's SO hot here all the time, she's hardly out). She also loves being in the stroller walking around the mall. I think we have a people/nature watcher on our hands!

She always talks. I feel like if you try to get her to talk she'll just stare at you, but if you just sit there she'll ramble on and on and on. Even at the doctor's office she couldn't stop talking!

Funny moment of the week: Yesterday at the doctor's office the receptionist was commenting on how cute Ellie was. After that she asked, "Aww, did you cut her hair?" My reply, "Nope, it just all fell out."

2 comments:

  1. Ellie is getting cutier everyday! I am so grateful for blogs so that I can stay updated on you guys :) By the way I really like you hair Em! It's getting long and the color is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! I LOVE blogs and catching up on everything too! Can't wait to hear how Portland is!! I've been growing it out, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete