When we knew we were going to be spending the 4th at a friend's house, I knew we had to bring something good! The crazy thing was that I had seen all of these great great ideas on Pinterest for the 4th, but I hadn't even thought to bring the strawberries... That is, until my mom mentioned her friend was making strawberries. At that, I knew what I had to do. Then night before we ran over to this great market by us where strawberries were 3 lbs for $1. It was definitely the best price in town! To be safe we bought 9 lbs! (eating, freezing for shakes, chocolate covered, the possibilities are endless!!!) We also made sure to run by Walmart to get vanilla flavored almond bark, and came back home. (There weren't the right colored sprinkles, so I took my mom's previous suggestion and added a couple of drops of food coloring to some sugar.) When we got home we got Ellie right to sleep. Kurt kept us entertained by turning on some Bear Grylls, and by performing quality control (aka: taste testing) to make sure the food was up to par. In the end, I came out with 1 1/2 cookie sheets full of these little beauties!! I call that a success!!
In preparation for the 4th I saw this tutu (which is adorable), but I didn't want to pay $30, when I could make my own with sparkly tulle for less that $6. I though Ellie would be SO cute in it, and I was so excited I made it Memorial weekend (I was so excited I HAD to have her try it on, and I included a picture of her in it in the 4-5 month collage). I'm so excited about it, because I made it big enough to where she can wear it next year too!
This 4th of July we went over to Jeff and Dascha's house to have a BBQ. Before that we stopped by the batting cages which said they would be open, but the weren't. After that we went and walked around the mall to kill some time and have fun walking around. For the BBQ we brought some chocolate covered - Pinterest inspired strawberries, and we enjoyed SO many good foods, such as tri-tip, pulled pork, fresh salsa, baked beans, chips, potato salad, and many others. It was a fun day of playing cards (golf), chatting, and playing cornhole (tailgate toss). By the time the neighbors were doing fireworks, Ellie was about to have a meltdown, so we headed home. Luckily on the way home we did see some fireworks going off. It was a great way to cap off the day.
Below are MANY pictures (I HAD to have a photo shoot of Ellie in her skirt!)
Ellie and me on the 4th. Originally I had made the headband I'm wearing for her, but it was too big! Haha, maybe in a few years! The funny thing with the sparkly tulle is that it got sparkles EVERYWHERE. I don't know that I'd use it in the future, although it is absolutely ADORABLE, I'm still finding random sparkles on Ellie.
When we were at the mall Ellie had a great time in the stroller playing with her feet, and enjoying the scene!
Here are the photo shoot photos! I just love her face!!
I had to take one from behind with the skirt all poofed up. I made Ellie's shoes for her blessing. Although, they were a little small now, I thought they were perfect for the photos!
The only photo I've played around with editing so far. As I said, it's been crazy busy!! Haha!
Love when she looks up to find me.
Had to take one down below where you see her shoes on up.
See, Ellie loves the tutu just as much as me, just not for the same reasons! ;] MmMmMm Sparkles are.... TASTY!
Ohm nom nom nom!! (Eating noises, if you couldn't figure that <--- out)
Mulling the taste around her mouth.
Had to get a photo with my honey!
Happy Independence Day! Happy Birthday, America!!

No comments:
Post a Comment