This past Saturday was cooler than normal (although still really hot!), so we decided to go hit it up at the batting cages. It was humid outside, and dark clouds were on the horizon, so we knew a monsoon was coming. We were so happy to be able to do something outside for once, though, so it was worth it.
Ellie was enjoying playing with her toys. Check out those big blue eyes!
Sticking out her tongue while smiling.
Although it's been several months since we've been able to go, it didn't take long for Kurt to get back in the groove of things.
We picked the perfect time to go to the batting cages, because on the way home we started to hear thunder and got a little bit of rain. We beat the storm however. It didn't hit until after we were home. It was great to park the car out in the open and get a free car wash! ;]
We had to enjoy the downpour, so we went outside. Ellie absolutely loved it!!
Here's a collage of different pictures I took illustrating how fast it floods here. Top left is of where we usually park the cars, the right is behind our place where the grass and landscaping flooded, the bottom left is of our wind chimes and the rain, and the bottom right is our neighbor's porch starting to flood.
After the storm, and thanks to Groupon, we went to a local Mexican Restaurant that I used to pick up for the teachers for lunch when I was student teaching. Kurt had never had it before, but was excited because of what I had said about it. He ended up going with their steak fajitas, and I got stuffed chicken enchiladas. Their food was so delish and the portions were huge. We ended up taking a lot home with us.
From all of the rain it cooled it down into the 80's which is unheard of this time of year here. Although it was nearing Ellie's bedtime, we got her changed for bed and had to enjoy the weather (and work off some of the food) with a walk. It was great walking around the park. It's so huge that going around it twice was 1.75 miles, and a great time spent as a family.
Ellie thought Daddy was so funny, that she kept smiling.
You could tell the lake was full to the brim, quite literally. It had flooded in some parts. It was cool seeing all the different colors in the sky and seeing the sun peek out again, assuring us the 80's wouldn't last more than a few hours.
All in all, it was a wonderful Saturday. We sure have missed being able to do stuff outside!
So fun to see what you guys are up to! Ellie is getting so big--I can't wait to see her! Your hair is getting so long! I think it makes you look older somehow...in a really good way. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I just love your little family so much. I'm loving all your posts! So much fun. :) Ellie just looks like the sweetest little girl! She is seriously one cute baby.
ReplyDelete