Wednesday they got in around 4:30. Boy, it sure was crazy for me to pick them up! Ellie had been fussing, so I left a little after 4, only to find out I had forgotten to get some gas the day before, and needed it to drive to the airport. I hurried and put in some gas. On the way to Sky Harbor (Where I'd never driven to before, let alone by myself!), there just happened to be a detour to take. Luckily it wasn't too complicated, and I was able to find my way there. Luckily I knew my parents were going to terminal 4. I drove around the first time (and called, but they didn't answer), but they weren't there. This made me a little nervous because I had to take some ramp up and around after the terminal and I had no idea where it was taking me and if it would be easy to get back to where I was. Luckily, with my mad reading and driving skills I could follow the signs back to terminal 4. This time I waited in the "Cell Phone Lot" to see where exactly they were. I heard from my dad and he said they were at Terminal 4 door 3 on the North side. (So normally I know my N, S, E, W down here in AZ, but with this comment I wondered how I would know which side was the North side. Ironically enough, I didn't stop to think how my dad would know it was the North side in the sea of concrete, parking garages, and shuttles/taxis.) I started back around terminal 4 only to find out the side I was on had all even door numbers and it said "South side." Okay, okay, so now I knew what my dad meant by North/South side. However, I didn't know how to get to the North side. Finally I figured out I had to go through terminal 4, then 3, then there was a sign that said to get to the North side, and went back through 3, and finally reached 4. It was all a little complicated, but it all worked out in the end. ;) I was so glad to finally have them in the car and here!
By the time we got home, Kurt had already arrived, and I popped dinner into the oven (Chicken Lime Enchiladas - YUM!). It was great getting to talk and eat.
After dinner we all wanted a little exercise, so we took my parents to a nearby park that has a huge lake for people to fish in and has lots of walking paths to go around. We popped Ellie in the stroller and had a fun time walking around.
For the rest of the evening we watched a little bit of Netflix (go Pawnstars!) and talked. It was a great first evening!
Here's several photos my mom took while in the car with Ellie.
Thursday we had some big plans in store! My mom and I wanted to do some shopping, so the boys took Ellie and went to the Museum of Natural History! My dad especially loved the thunderstorms with the flash floods they have and that although many elementary classes were there on field trips, he didn't have to keep track of any students!
We decided to go to the Easter Pageant on Thursday because we thought it'd be less busy than a weekend night. Boy, were we wrong! It was PACKED! So packed in fact, that we decided to try coming on Friday instead. (Apparently an average of 15,000 people attend each show.) So, to conclude out Thursday night, we decided to hit it up at the batting cages! My parents hadn't been in years, and we all had a blast!!!
Here are some photos!
Me batting
My dad batting
My mom batting
I didn't take any of Kurt this night, because I did the week before. Enjoy! It was a great first bit of our trip!!

No comments:
Post a Comment