Sunday, April 22, 2012

Grandpa and Grandma Jones Come to Town! Part 2

WARNING: This post has many photos!

On Friday we had big plans to go, go, go all day! First we had the Dolly Steamboat at Canyon Lake to go to. On our way there I saw how pretty Arizona is in it's own way. Here are some photos of the drive.




When we got to the lake it was a lot of fun just sitting for a little bit. We were all excited wondering what the little cruise would have in store for us.

Here she is!!


Dad's funny face about getting his picture taken.


Ellie and me.


All of us but Dad, who took the picture.


On our little cruise we saw lots of cool things. We saw some cool rock formations, an eaglet (baby eagle), a herd of mountain sheep, and thousands of Saguaros (Sah-wah-ros - I just learned how to pronounce them!) and barrel cacti. With the Saguaros we learned that they don't even grow arms until they are of 50 years old. Then some don't even grow arms, and many live to be 100+ years old.  I wonder what a wise old Saguaro sees out in the desert in his time. We took a lot of photos, but I'll try to just share some of my favorites. 





There's the herd of mountain sheep! There are a lot of them!!


Inside Dolly


The many armed Saguaro.



Ellie's tootsies.


Two sisters, can you see them?



I didn't type too much throughout, because I feel the photos speak for themselves, but we sure had a great time! Also, the weather was perfect!

We made sure to get to the Easter pageant a little earlier this time. It was nice because we were able to park close and we even got to sit on seats! The pageant was amazing! We really loved it. 

Our seats - you can see a little of the crowd.


Ellie patiently waiting. She was actually awake for almost all of the show and only fell asleep for the last 10 minutes. She was such a trooper. I was so glad she didn't make a peep, because if she would've started to cry, I couldn't take her "out" anywhere.


When she fell asleep.



Part of the show.


It was a neat experience, and we were glad my parents were in town to go with us.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great Easter weekend. So neat! :)

    ReplyDelete