Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ramblings

So, I decided I'm just going to ramble, and type whatever my little fingers desire. I used to be really great at just typing and typing whatever I wanted or felt, but I haven't really done that in awhile. I've got all of 15 minutes to type before heading to the library to drop off books before they become overdue, and then heading to do a planetarium show. I LOVE doing planetarium shows. Being paid is just an added bonus! ;) Mainly, I just love learning all about new constellations, sharing them with the group, and hearing them ooo and aaahhh as I put up the guidelines with the pictures of the constellations. You know what is pretty cool? My class for my practicum set up a field trip to the planetarium and I'll get to put on their show! Woo, woo! *There's me tooting my horn*

Life is going well! I love my practicum! It's going wonderful, I just can't believe I only have 5 times before I leave them and head to summer school! Crazy! I can't believe it's almost "summer" in terms of kids getting out of school. It's always gross weather here. I find it rather funny that when I am going to be teaching on erosion that the first thing I think of regarding water freezing, becoming bigger, and breaking rocks is the road. The roads here are terrible with loads of pot holes caused by just this problem! I'm sure the kids will relate great!

Kurt just went camping last week for his classes, and it had over a foot of snow where they went. Funny thing is that the next few days whenever I saw people walking around with really bad sunburns I knew that they must have just gotten back from camping there too! All day out with the snow does it to ya! Luckily Kurt didn't get too burned, mainly just his ears since he was wearing a hat and sunglasses the whole time.

Well, I gotta go! It was great writing for a few!

3 comments:

  1. And your planetary show was AWESOME! I'm so impressed and jealous of your amazing constellation knowledge!
    Aaaaand it was so fun to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your semester is lots of fun. We sure enjoyed the planetarium show you did for us! Sure love this font!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fun that you get to do the planetarium! I really don't know that much about the stars... but it would be fun to(know)!

    ReplyDelete