Kurt:
Just finished an internship with Northwestern Mutual. It was a great experience for him to learn and grow, and decide what he wants to have in a job in the future. He has definitely decided to not take a commission only based job in the future.
Likewise, last month Kurt turned 25! It's crazy to think my baby is a quarter of a century already! :] He sits and talks about feeling "old." This just makes me crack up laughing. H
He's definitely looking forward to starting IBC (something he has to do for his business minor where they run their own company on campus) on the 19th, and enjoying the week break with me in the meantime. ;]
Emily:
Well, this was my busiest semester yet! I'm surprised I survived! I was taking 19 credits and working 4 part-time jobs (T.A.ing, Tutoring, Running Private Planetarium shows, and working for Mom's company).
I love to read, and so I've tried to make time to this semester. I'm a huge fan of Mary Higgins Clark and Agatha Christie books, especially when I'm looking for good mysteries. They help me not stress so much. Additionally, I love filling out word searches in highlighters.
This semester I set up my sewing machine, and have been trying to make more time to do crafty fun projects. I love creating, it makes me feel so much better.
This next semester I'm excited to do my senior practicum along with other required classes, but I'm excited to take a sewing class for enjoyment. Likewise, I'll still be working all of my jobs.
Us:
Over the past month we've been working out hard and trying to get back into the best shape. Another thing we've tried working on is getting enough sleep, which can be hard on finals week!
A month ago we found out where I'll be student teaching and at the end of July we'll be moving to Mesa, AZ. I'll start student teaching August 8th. We are excited for the new opportunity and the chance to be somewhere new, warm, and where the sun shines 300 days in the year (complete opposite of Rexburg, where it often feels like Seattle - nothing but clouds and rain). It'll be a great opportunity for us. Kurt will graduate and I will walk at the end of July and I'll start student teaching just two weeks after that. Life sure goes by fast!
Wow! I didn't know that you were going to Az! How exciting! You are crazy busy! I can't believe it!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are leading a busy and exciting life! Mesa sounds fun!
ReplyDeleteI bet you are glad that semester is over... So happy for you! We can hardly wait to see you guys this summer.
ReplyDeleteOh man, congrats on student teaching!! I'm so glad that I can read your blog now!! :D
ReplyDelete