Saturday, November 13, 2010

Life

Isn't it so crazy how fast life flies by? It's almost the end of 2010!! Next year this time both Kurt and I will be graduated and "life as we know it" will be so different! So crazy. We both have grown and changed throughout this last year, but it's been so much fun.

We CANNOT wait to get our week break for Thanksgiving. Apparently next year they only get Wed-Friday off from school because so many people leave early. THANK GOODNESS it won't affect us this year! :]

So, I'm amazed by what all the internet has to offer. Lately I have found all these sweet ideas of things I want to do when we get a bigger place. Is it possible to do so much? Haha. I want to learn how to make furniture. Ana White (ana-white.com) shows hundreds of FREE plans, for making different things, and has all different levels for your ability! How cool is that? Saving thousands! Man, anything that saves you that many zeros is worth looking into in my book. I've also decided I want to make tons of cool unique things to decorate our home, I want to be able to sew well (taking a class in the spring), and I want to learn how to crochet. Like I said, lately I feel like I want to do it all someday. I guess it isn't a bad thing to dream! Ha. I've also been finding cool sites that let you download digital scrapbooking things every day (it's called collect a kit. Thanks, Linds!), and a site that allows you to download free fonts for scrapbooking. She also converts people's handwriting into fonts (how cool is that?). It's at kevinandamanda.com. I just thought I'd share all the random things I'm getting into. I also have gotten into making hair flowers. You can do lots of other things with them though. You can wear them on bracelets, necklaces, put them on purses, coats, scarves, and even use them as magnets or to embellish t-shirts as shown here. (http://elizabethkartchner.blogspot.com/2009/11/embellished-tee.html)

Anyway, all is well. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey "Dear Lizzy" looks fun! I'll have to add it to my "great idea" links! Thanks Em!
    And yes! Wouldn't be nice to be able to do all the crafts we thought looked fun! Oh the time I wish I had!

    ReplyDelete