Thursday was Ellie's 1st Birthday! So of course, we had a Dr's appt! She got 4 shots, and then we were asked to take her to have blood drawn to test the lead levels in her blood (it's routine). YAY for a birthday! Seriously though, Ellie was a trooper. After the doctor's visit I took her to Chick-Fil-A since it was right next to the hospital and it was lunch time. I figured she deserved it after all she'd gone though.
Some of my photos are out of order. FYI. We had Ellie's party yesterday, since Saturday is a much better day for a party than a Thursday.
Here is our place all decorated for her party.
I had to do a fun little shoot for her birthday, but this girl is CONSTANTLY in motion. She started walking everywhere last week and now she won't sit still. She did, however, love putting the back part of the balloon in her mouth and though it was fun feeling like she were blowing it up. I thought it was cute.
I did the cupcakes myself.
Our little family at her party!
She was preparing to blow out the candle.
She was just grinning, and I was surprised she wasn't smashing right into that thing!
She is so dainty about everything she does. Mind you, she still gets messy, just daintily. Instead of grabbing a handful of snacks she reach her whole hand in and pull out one.
I made the cupcake stands with thrifted glasses and china that cost $0.25 a piece - that's when I bought the books too.
Here's her big cake. It was a bad idea that I frosted it last, I was running out of time and in a rush, but it doesn't look too bad, right? I home made buttercream frosting, and it was a devil's food chocolate cake with funfetti cupcakes.
Here was Ellie on her actual birthday. She thought the toy truck was the best things ever. I think her face says it all.
The lady at Chick-Fil-A thought L was adorable, and even went and got her a balloon. Ellie hadn't really seen balloons before and kept pulling the string up and down. The balloon was bobbing and hitting everything back and forth, but it sure made her day.
Here were Ellie's presents all wrapped up.
She was excited eating a snack waiting for her party guests to arrive!!
We sure love our sweet girl! It's crazy to think how much she has grown and changed in this last year! I'm grateful every day to be her mommy!! I can't wait to see how much she will change in the next year!


She is getting so big! You did so good with the cake, cupcakes, and decorations!
ReplyDelete